Friday, August 3, 2012

A Wedding

7 am the alarm goes off and I snooze ten more minutes. I am up and out of the house by 8 am driving toward The Wedding, texting the sister of the groom to please send me fast directions, the location can't be found on my phone.  Dana Point is about an hour and ten minutes from Long Beach.  I am to style seven heads of hair by two o'clock.  It all starts smooth, there is some major drama in the middle, high stress in the end and then a long drive home.  I want a drink! I have few pictures of my work, there was little time to pee and drink water in that five hours and yet I fell in love with Nanna.  85 year old Nanna made my day. She was stoic, had a story, was wise and fell dead asleep while getting her hair and makeup done.  The Grooms mom, bless her heart, regretfully had too much eye makeup applied to her sixty seven year old face and she was extremely verbal about it, while the sweet bride painted her toe nails last minute.  What you didn't see you will not miss I promise. (blocking it out of my memory will be work)  This was a long day of mental and physical drainage.  The beauty of this day will be forever in the memories of those not jaded by their own judgment, fear, and jealousy.
Photography by Chelsea DeVere











 


No comments:

Post a Comment